Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I Am Single Again

It's been a while already, a few weeks even. I just didnt feel like announcing it that publically just yet. For those of you wondering how i am, dont you worry, i'm fine. And i'll continue to be. If you're expecting me to speak ill about ex-Dear Beloved, well, sorry, it's not my thing. Why would i anyway? Not that long ago, i was still convinced that he was the man of my dreams and the one i'd spend the rest of my life with. And speaking ill about someone you've loved and spent almost 2 years with equals speaking ill of yourself and the choices and decisions you've made. And i dont do that.

I dont see this relationship as a failure. Even if it has ended. I see it as an experience. As another part of the journey to discover who i am and what i want. Things and people who are right at a moment in your life might not be right forever. And this is what happened. Sometimes, you have to let go of what stops you from going forward.

I still have a lot of respect and affection for him and truly wish him the best in life. But the dramatically opposite ways of seeing things and life in general got the best of us. 

As John Lennon was singing, "you may say i'm a dreamer", but at the end of the day, if you want the moon, you've got to shoot for the stars. And you might not even get it, but if you dont even try, you definitely wont.

I'm like that. I see the good in things. I see the good in people. I see the good in situations and i life in general. I've just lost my brother 3 months ago and what do i get from it? Pain and sorrow of course but i also see all those amazing people i got to meet thanks to him, all that he's done during his life that has inspired so many people and keeps on inspiring them (and me) and all the good times and memories he left me with. 

I believe not only that good things can happen to me, i believe that extraordinary things WILL happen to me. I dont doubt about it. And that's why i get them. Most of the time at least. 

So yes, i'm good. And i'm about to dream even bigger!
Cause I'm raising the bar
I'd shoot for the moon but I'm too busy gazing at starsI feel amazing and I'm not afraid (not afraid)
To take a stand (to take a stand)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my hand (come take my hand)
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just letting you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road (same road)


I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
(Eminem - not afraid)

No comments:

Post a Comment