Thursday, October 28, 2010

So What?

Splitting up with someone you're convinced you should be with is hard. I know it was the right decision but it doesnt make it any easier.

People don't want to hear you whine all the time, less of it all about your love life. There is always someone to tell you, oh, come on now, get over it/him, he's an ass, he missed his chance, you deserve better, you'll find someone better, if it's meant to happen it will, he's no match to you and BLA BLA BLA.

What do they know?

I dont want to get over him, i dont think he's an ass, he definitely still has a chance, i dont think i deserve better (or worse as a matter of fact), i think he's perfect, i hope it'll happen again and i believe he's a match for me.

But he needs time.

Time for a kitty cat to lick his wounds and heal his heart.

I'm sad ... and hurt.
And putting up a smiling face to the world is the hardest, toughest thing for me to do. But i can't be carrying the weight of it all the time. Life goes on. I'm alive still. Everything happens for a reason even if i have no freaking clue what the damn reason is right now.
Last night, a friend of mine told me to listen to Pink's song "so what?". Told me it helps him when he feels blue and lonely after a relationship ends. I retorted that i was more in the "sober" mood, wondering how could i feel this good sober?

And then this morning, i got his song stuck in my head ... So consequently, his way of seeing life in tough times ... And i must admit, to my biggest surprise ... it DID cheer me up ...

So, so what?
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't need you
And guess what?
I'm havin' more fun
And now that we're done
I'm gonna show you tonight
I'm alright!
I'm just fine
And you're a fool
So, so what?
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't want you tonight



If only i could actually CONVINCE myself of what i'm singing ...

But as i said ... life goes on ... and while i'm waiting, might as well have some fun =)





PS: Pink does get back with her husband in the end, right? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment