Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Shut Up And Give Whatever You Got

I have been crossfitting for just over 4 months now and even though I saw the changes on my back and arms spectacularly quickly at first, the changes I was so looking forward to see on my hips, thighs and stomach have yet to show up. I have now reached a plateau and I don't know how long it's gonna take for me to see any more changes. Obviously, going to my parents or my in-laws every second week-end is NOT helping (they tend to stuff ourselves every time with gigantic but delicious meals!!)

What I really like about crossfit is that it's not a competition. Well, it is for some people but for normal folks like myself it's not. Well, it is. But not against someone. It's against my own worst enemy, a.k.a. MYSELF. It's about finding the time but above all, the WILL to do it and outdoing yourself. And that, for me, is the hardest.

My man is also my coach. And let's be honest, if he hadn't pushed me at the beginning, I would never have gone that far. I don't need his cheering to get off of the couch anymore. He still does my program but I find my own willpower to get in my outfit and give my all. I believe that's the hardest to deal with. Finding the willpower to START. Once you've began, it goes down easily. Well, some days more than others!!!

My motivation is the picture I built of what i'll look like some time in a (close I hope) future. And THIS, is gonna be me soon:

When I do squats, I picture this:

When I do abs, I picture this:

When I do push ups or bench press, I picture this:

Trust me. It's a hell of a motivational silent speech.

But let's be honest. I do it 5 days a week for a maximum of 30 minutes a day. And most of the time, my actual workout doesn't go over 15 minutes. The rest is for stretching. I've done it in the morning, I've done it in the evening. Sometimes, I had to DRAG myself out of my comfy sweat pants or PJ to do it but I've always done it. And I've never regretted it. Even the days I was feeling heavy, or sick, or exhausted, I did my workout. Slowly but surely. The competition is only against yourself. I've read before that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice it. I'd say it takes 4 weeks to get used to it and 12 weeks to get addicted to it. After 17 weeks, I don't question it anymore, I do it because it has to be done.

And I love every second of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment