Monday, October 12, 2009

U and Ur Hand

Saturday was gonna be THE day ... the day i get back to going out, the day i get back to be on top of new club music, the day i get back to my old self, this person i used to be and that everybody used to enjoy a lot ... me included! It was going to be "let's party all night" obviously accompanied by my dearest friend (and partner in crime), Ivonne.

We started at the sky bar that used to be called azul. Don't ask me for the name it has now, i have no clue. Place was really nice, there were a lot of known people there but it was just too shy and proper to be our cup of tea.
So we headed to the world-famous (ok, at least in my world it is famous) ZOO. We know the staff there, they surely know us too and it was just like going home. Home sweet home. You know, this sensation you have when you enter a place you used to belong to and feel like, wahoo, that hasn't changed at all. It is still the same place, the same staff, the same people, the same DJ and the same music ... Feels like we haven't been away that long then? Or have we?
The bartender told us: it is so good to have you both back. That was sweet of him. But what about us? Is it good to be back? Does it FEEL good to be back?

To be truly honest with you, no. No it doesn't. And we really wondered why? And the answer was as sharp as a knife ... because we're old. OK, no, sorry. Let me rephrase ... Because we're OLDER. We grew OUT of the places that felt like home a few months back, grew out of that particular place we used to have so much fun at ...

I used to say ... "pinche zoo, nunca falla" but this time, it did failed us. Big time. It just wasn't what we wanted, what we expected not even what we remembered it was.

So we decided to give our girls' night out another shot ... at yet another of our old haunts, i named HILO. Reason why we went there is simple: i have a soft spot for the bartender ... haha. The woman doesn't change now does she?

So here we are, at the bar, like the good old times, bitching about everything, commenting on every single outfit that comes close to us (we're fashion police officers), crying our eyes out from laughter, dancing reggaeton, drinking a little and obviously checking on every single man around.

That's when it happened. All over again ... This guy (decent looking but the approach really was terrible), after endless minutes of hesitation, going around us, looking at us, finally found the balls to come to me and asked me if me and my friend were a couple. Oh, how much i missed that. How much do i miss the look in the guy's face when he actually DARES to ask that. Cuz you never know ... If you say yes, it can be like ok well then never mind or that can motivate him to convince you to go for a threesome. So I'm never too sure what to answer. This time i chose to say the truth and i said that no, we were not a couple. He asked a few more questions after that but there is this one song that immediately popped into my head and i couldn't really focus on anything else ... It goes like this:

Check it out going out on the late night
Looking tight feeling nice it's a cock fight
I can tell I just know that it's going down ... tonight
At the door we don't wait cause we know them
At the bar six shots just beginning
That's when dick head put his hands on me
But you see ...

I'm not here for your entertainment
You don't really want to mess with me tonight
Just stop and take a second
I was fine before you walked into my life
Cause you know it's over before it began
Keep your drink just give me the money
It's just u and ur hand tonight

Midnight I'm drunk I don't give a fuck
Wanna dance by myself guess you're outta luck
Don't touch, back up, I'm not the one ... Buh bye!
Listen up it's just not happening, you can say what you want to your boyfriends
Just let me have my fun tonight ...Aiight

In the corner with your boys you bet 'em five bucks
You'd get the girl that just walked in but she thinks you suck
We didn't get all dressed up just for you to see
So quit spilling your drinks on me yeah

You know who you are ... high fivin', talking shit, but you're going home alone aren't cha?

Cause I'm not here for your entertainment
No you don't really want to mess with me tonight
Just stop and take a second
I was fine before you walked into my life
Cause you know it's over before it began
Keep your drink just give me the money
It's just you and your hand tonight


So yes buddy, thanks for the attention, feels good to know we still got it ... but you're going home alone! And I'm not even sorry!



No comments:

Post a Comment