Monday, March 12, 2012

I Miss Having A Car

Let's be honest here. It's been 8 months almost since we crashed the car and just about 7 that i bike to work pretty much every day. Don't take me wrong, i love the biking and the exercise i'm doing thanks to it, but i miss the me-time i used to spend in my car. 

It was my car, my space, my bubble and more important:  I COULD SING MY LUNGS OUT when i was in it. And that was pretty much happening every single time. 

I could listen to the same song 10 times in a row without anybody saying anything, i could sing on top of my lungs without worrying about being out of key or galaxies away from the high pitched keys i was listening to and it was a great lung related exercise to keep the asthma away (what? singing doesnt prevent astham attack? whatever! what do you know about asthma anyway?)

I believe i have a pretty good ear when it comes to music and i can sing a lot of songs without being out of key. I just lack the lung power. I'd love to be able to sing a Christina Aguilera song as well as she does but let's be honest, i have more of a P!nk voice! Which is OK when you sing rock'n roll songs but not quite it when you sing slow emocional songs. And even P!ink can go pretty high as well (damn her).

But in the car, without an audience, WHO CARES?

I can still sing while i'm biking but it's not quite the same you know. You get outta breath in a split second and you cant really isolate yourself from the people you're passing by. And even though i dont really care what people think about me, i can't sing along with the radio on. And wearing headphone while biking is kinda suicidal. So not so good.

I still have the USB i used to listen to in the car. I have it plugged on my laptop at work. Reminds me of the good old times in the matymobil.

There'll be a new one some time in my future. 
And there'll be some more singing. 

Oh YEAH!




Now sing along the only song i was singing in my head all along the writing of this post (paying tribute to P!nk :-)
"So raise your glass if you are wrong, in all the right ways, all my underdogs, we will never be, never be, anything be loud, and nitty gritty, dirty little freaks, wont you come on and come on, raise your glass ... "


No comments:

Post a Comment