Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Have a Whole New Understanding of Mechanics

When we crashed the car last year, i had to acknowledge the fact that before meeting dear-beloved, i really hadn't taken a good care of my car. It's not that i'm reckless, i just tend to not care about stuff like that. If it works, good, if it doesn't, i'll take it to the mechanics. What i never realized is that had i taken it to the mechanics BEFORE it needed to, it would have cost me half of what i ended up spending on that car.

I then swore to god that i would care for my next car the way it should be taken care of.

A year later, riding a bike on a regular basis and leaving my man the infinite pleasure of driving "my" new car, I've come to realize that taking care of your everyday vehicle is of utmost importance. And i realized that riding my bike actually!

Un-freaking believable.

When the chain is not oiled or the tires are not pumped up, the amount of energy i'm asking my body to produce is multiply by at least 10. I suffer through the entire way to work and the entire way back. I arrive on each end twice as tired as i normally would and the bike is making noises that feels like it's going to fall apart.

So I've deducted that, on the bike, I AM the power source to get moving. And if a 10 kg bike with a tire a bit low on air or missing a few drops of oil on the chain get me, the engine, into so much trouble and such harder work, i can only imagine what the engine of a 1.5 ton car car go through.

This has completely changed my view on it all. And I've realized that there is no better way to understand something or someone than to put yourself in their shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment