Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Keep On Singing My Song

I woke up this morning feeling good ... and let's be honest, talking about feeling good is boring - to read and to write. So i'm gonna let someone else talk about it, especially since it sums up pretty well the way i feel about it all ...


I woke up this morning with a smile on my face
And nobody's gonna bring me down, today
Been feeling like nothing's been going my way, lately
B
ut I decided right here right now, that my outlook's gonna change
That's why I'm gonna
Say goodbye to all the tears I've cried everytime somebody hurt my pride
Feelin like they won't let me live life and take the time to look at what is mine
I see every blessing so clearly
And I thank god for what I got from above
I believe they can take anything from me, but they
Can't succeed in taking my inner peace from me
They can say all they wanna say, about me but I'm
I'm gonna carry on,
Imma keep on, (keep on)singin' my song

I never wanna dwell on the pain, again, ooh, no
It's no use in relivin' how I hurt back then, oh no, no
Rememberin' too well the hell I felt when I was running outta faith, ooh
Every step I'm 'bout to take, well it's towards a better day
Cause I'm about to
Say farewell to every single lie and all the fears I've held too long inside
Every time I felt I couldn't try, all the negativity and strife
But too long, i've been struggling, i couldn't go on
But now I found that I'm feeling strong and I'm moving on

I believe they can take anything from me, but they
Can't succeed in taking my inner peace from me
They can say what they wanna say, about me but I'm
I'm gonna carry on, (carry on)
Imma keep on, (keep on)singin' my song

Every time I tried to be what they wanted from me
It never came naturally
So I ended up in misery
Was unable to see all the good around me
Wasted so much energy on what they thought of me than simply just rememberin to breathe,
I'm humanly unable to please everyone at the same time,
So now I find my peace of mind, livin'
One day at a time

In the end I answer to one god, comes down to one love
Till I get to heaven above
I have made the decision never to give in,
Till the day I die no matter what
I'm gonna carry on
Imma keep on ...

Singin' my...
Sooooooooooooooooong ..........


Yep ... from now on, it'll be my way ... and no, i won't feel bad to make other people feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment