Saturday, December 05, 2009

What The Hell What That All About ?

A man heard a faint knock on his front door, opened it, and saw a snail on his porch. "What the heck is this?" he said, and bent down, picked up the snail, examined it, and threw it across the street.
Two years later, the man heard another faint knock on the front door. He opened it, saw nothing, then looked down. The snail on the porch said, "Hey! What the hell was that all about?"




These 2 jokes never fail ... I can't possible hear them and NOT laugh. They're stupid, they're cheap but as I said, they have this immense power of cheering me up. I can’t possibly stay pissed off when I hear them. And YOU know it.

Why do I put them here today? Do I need cheering up? Yes. I do. Big time. I’m not depressed but I feel blue. And the person this post is dedicated to will know why.

You came clear. So did I. From the very beginning. As always. We’re so very much alike it became scary. We think the same, speak the same, act the same, laugh over the same shit and can spend hours talking about everything and nothing. We both knew friendship between a man and a woman is an illusion. I was hoping we were wrong, I was hoping that once again, we’d be different, that against all odds, it would work out that way. It didn’t.
You decided to back off, to protect yourself, to protect myself as well and since I have more respect for you than for anybody else in this world, I will respect your decision. Even if I don’t like it, even if it hurts, even if it pisses me off and I can’t stop complaining about it.

We haven’t talked in 3 days. It seems like a month. It FEELS like a month. You taught me patience, at least tried to and ever since you told me that joke this is that snail story I think about whenever I feel anger and frustration coming. I’m not saying it’s working perfectly but hey, you also said “take things easy, stop rushing everything!” It’s my impatience kicking in again …



I could go on and on about you, about us, about that friendship of ours but it only reminds me how much I miss you. My phone number hasn’t changed. Call me one day.
















PS: and damn you for writing a post about it all first. I was going to go slow for a change and let it settle for a few days … See … the snail story is working sometimes ^-^

   

No comments:

Post a Comment